Saturday, August 22, 2009

Distressed but Determined

Distressed

O Lord, In my distress I cry out to you.
I know in my heart you have not abandoned me.
But my eyes still focus on the circumstance.
You allow nothing into our lives that will destroy us.
Your desire is to make us stronger,
to rely on you more.

O Lord, I have done your work all my life.
But the work be damned.
If I don"t know you better, the work gains me nothing.
Others may benefit, to you be the glory.

Lord, I have to be honest,
I don't like the pain of growing up.
But like the butterfly, I will continue to struggle -
so I may soar with you.

1 comment:

  1. Great. Nice juxtaposition of theme. And isn't it true for us all: we are distressed, but also ... hopefully ... determined. Only faith makes such things compatible. Thanks, Jim. Gonna stick this one on my computer.

    ReplyDelete