Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Trust in You



O Lord, I declare my trust in you!
You are faithful.
You do all things well.
You delight in your children.
Their success makes you proud!

Teach me to walk in peaceful obedience.
Your design for me is greater than anything I can imagine.
Your provision is more than adequate.
Your presence is life.

O Lord I declare my trust in you.
When war is declared against me
I will stand in your armor.
When I am powerless against the foe
I will hide in you.

When My feet have taken me down the wayward path
You lovingly guide me back to your side.
When I fall into the pit
you rescue me.

When I have been blinded by the glitter of stuff
You gently heal my sight.
When I have been deafened by the siren call of success
You whisper my name and I hear again.

When my hands have created idols
You cleanse my hands so I may lift them in worship to you.
When I am puffed up by compliments
You kindly remind where the gift comes from.

When my mind has conceived grand plans for myself
You reveal your plans and I am humbled by your trust in me.
When my heart declares independence
You graciously remind me only in you am I at my best.


O Lord, I trust in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment