Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Land of Famine

O Lord, I am living in the land of famine.
I didn't see the signs?
I ignored the signs?
I refused to see the signs?
O Lord, I have no foresight
and my hindsight has grown fuzzy.

I am at your mercy.
You alone know the motivations of my heart.
But, I have never refused to go where you have directed.
I have been as generous as I know how to be.
When I have seen a person in need I have helped them to the best of my ability.
I have carried some even after I should have let them go.
I have given of my time and resources to invest in your kingdom.

You do not refuse anyone forgiveness.
Those who repent stand inside you arms of protection and mercy.
You love to provide for your children.
O Lord, forgive my selfish heart, I repent of my trusting in self,
I am your child, bless me Father or I will die in this land of famine.

You are faithful, and I will bless your name.
You are faithful, and I will count your blessings.
You are faithful, I will accept your crushing and your discipline.
You are faithful, do not hide your face from me.
You are faithful, I will put my hope in you.
You are faithful, I will wait for the rain and the manna of your blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment