Monday, July 13, 2009

Stuck In-Between

Stuck In-Between

O Lord, I am stuck In-between,
I am no longer the idealistic youth.
And yet, I do not feel like a wise old man.

Lord, I am stuck in-between.
All the things I thought I knew...I don't.
The things I need to know, I have no grasp of.

I no longer know how you are leading me.
I no longer seem to hear as I should.
My sight is growing dim.

All I have is in jeopardy.
All that I thought you gifted me to do - gone.
I am broken, bruised, and battered.

I have tried to be your servant.
I am angry at you.
I am undone.

You are not stuck in-between.
You are constant from beginning to end.
In-between is where faith is tested, and trust is lived.

Whatever my sin, you have forgiven.
Your mercy and grace are my consolation.
I ask not for rescue, but sustenance to see me through.

Let me learn more of your companionship.
Let your peace overshadow me.
I will Worship You.

Living in the land of blessing,
Or in-between...
I Will Worship You.

No comments:

Post a Comment